- Be advised that festival films are not rated. Parents should exercise discretion. Infants and toddlers are not permitted at any screenings or panels. We reserve the right to create age restrictions for films as necessary.
- Cameras and recording devices are not permitted.
- Turn off all devices that make light or noise.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission by refunding purchase price.
- Programs and schedules are subject to change.
- All attendees must vacate cinemas between screenings.
- Screening latecomers are not guaranteed seating and are seated at the discretion of the festival staff.
We are following the guidelines of our individual venues. Visit the venues’ websites for details:
- Somerville: https://www.somervilletheatre.com
- Brattle: https://brattlefilm.org/about/covid-response/
- CitySpace: https://www.wbur.org/events/policies-guide
- Coolidge: https://coolidge.org/visit/health-safety-guidelines
Regardless of venue policy, we recommend wearing masks indoors, and following all CDC guidelines, including, but not limited to, wearing a mask and hand washing. Please do not attend if you are feeling sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms such as fever and/or cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. Also, do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID within the last 10 days.
We believe in a safe and respectful environment. IFFBoston does not condone or tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind, including but not limited to any form of written, verbal or physical abuse or threats, the use of derogatory or discriminatory language, gestures or actions, any form of harassment, racism, sexism, or any other targeted comments which may violate any local, state or federal laws or cause personal offense to another IFFBoston participant.
Please notify an IFFBoston staff member immediately if you or someone else attending or volunteering for the festival observes or experiences a violation of our behavior policy.
- No refunds or exchanges. All sales are final.
- Tickets can not be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Quantities are limited to seating capacity and may sell out at any time. There is absolutely no standing room.
- Tickets only valid on date and time of show printed on face.
- Tickets are only guaranteed until 15 minutes before showtime.
- A limited number of advance tickets will be sold prior to screenings. When the advance tickets sell out, it does not mean that the screening is necessarily “sold out.”
- Rush tickets will become available for sale on a first-come, first-serve basis approximately 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- A line for these rush tickets will form up to an hour before show time. Attendees must purchase their own tickets. Multiple rush tickets will not be sold to an individual.
Credential Badge Rules & Restrictions
- Credential badges must be worn visibly around your neck, with the festival lanyard, at all festival events (including screenings, panels, and parties).
- Credential badgeholders with badges marked “tickets required” must reserve a ticket either online or at the box office, and present that ticket at the door for entry. No entries will be allowed without a ticket. Tickets are only guaranteed until 15 minutes before showtime.
- All other badges must be scanned to gain admittance into films.
- The badgeholder line at the Somerville Theatre is located on the Box Office side of the theatre, against the brick wall of the Davis Square T station. Brattle and Coolidge lines form outside the building; follow signs for directions.
- Access to all screenings and events is on a space-available basis for all attendees. 15 minutes before the screening’s start time, any unfilled seats will be sold to those waiting in the rush line. Badgeholders who arrive later than 15 minutes before the screening risk not getting in.
- Note: In very rare circumstances where badgeholder seating is under-allocated, seating priority will be given to Chrome & Film badgeholders. We will do our best to get all badgeholders in, but we may not be able to accommodate everyone.
- Screening latecomers are not guaranteed seating.
- To comply with local fire code, there is absolutely no standing room.
- All filmgoers must vacate cinemas between screenings. You may have to return to the lobby scanning station in between films to be scanned.
- IFFBoston is not responsible for lost or stolen badges.
- Lost or stolen badges will not be replaced.
Credential Badge Tickets Rules & Restrictions
The following Badge types are required to have a ticket for entry:
Industry, Guest, Filmmaker, Cast & Crew, Sponsor.
- How does it work?
- You will receive an account to order tickets. Once you have ordered your ticket, you can download a mobile ticket to your phone, print tickets at home, or pick up physical tickets at the box office (will call). After you have been notified that your credential badge application has been accepted, you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to access your account and reserve tickets.
- Can I just show up at showtime?
- Only if there are tickets available. If so, they can be ordered at the box office. If the show is sold out, there is no entry.
- Do I still seat early along with badgeholders?
- Why are you making this change?
- With reduced capacity at our venues, we want to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to enjoy the festival.